WED 2/31 was an approx 3.7 mile trail walk at Chaterherault country park. Beautiful scenery, icy packed mud underfoot, and bright clear sunshine in the cold winter's air... Just lovely. :) I kept up a good pace, and at about 3 miles I was actually suddenly of a mind to actually run, rather than walk. I was wearing my trainers, but wasn't wearing clothes much suited to running, but regardless I broke into a gentle trot for maybe 30 or 40 seconds, haha. It felt right to at least try.... So maybe I'll go back there one day soon (ish) to run instead.....
My first mile in today's walk was the slowest, because I was sussing out the ground underfoot, how slippy it was etc, but even still, I average faster than 17½ minute miles. My heart rate monitor/GPS watch reckons I burned over 550 kcals, too, which is useful because I had a cupcake afterwards, haha!
Davie had arranged a Sunday Social run, with a big group of friends, so after my walk I went back to the visitor centre, got a cuppa and spent a wee while reading through some work stuff. The runners all started to appear shortly afterwards, so I had another cup of tea, plus the wee shiny cupcake (no, really, it had glitter on it!! I'm pretty sure there's no kcals in glitter.....) and caught up with everyone for a couple of hours.
I always find it really motivating chatting to runners - on the drive home I thought about my lack of running at the moment, and the challenges I've set myself for 2013, and I can't keep using 'winter' as an excuse. Gotta kick it back off. ....errrr, soon. Ish. x

No comments:
Post a Comment