Tuesday, 4 December 2012

74/100 - There is no #73...

Gah!! Can't believe I forgot to post yesterday!!! I was doing so well in the consecutive blogging challenge, too... To be fair, I got distracted last night by my washing machine deciding to blow up, so to speak - the motor blew, and all the power to the flat went out. Thankfully, the circuit breakers are different for the plugs than the lights, so I could easily flip the switch back, but the washing machine was dead. :(

I do a LOT of clothes washing, now I do a lot of exercise, but thankfully this week has been quiet, workout-wise, since I'm feeling pretty anxious about an appointment on Thursday, and it's been affecting my sleep a little, and making me a bit stomach-churny of a morning. Regardless, hopefully the machine will get fixed/replaced soon, though my landlord is thus far ignorning me....

Anyway! No excuses, really; my blogging challenge has collapsed! I'm still going to try and get to 100, but that missing #73 is disappointing.

It wouldn't have said much... the exercise was walking to work (2 miles, in just over 35 minutes), and walking home again afterwards (1.4 miles, in 24 minutes) - the walks were a tiny bit slower than previous ones, because it had snowed overnight, so there was slippy slush underfoot, which made for a few tentative sections.

Today, I needed to drive to work, so didn't get a walk or workout done. When I got home, I managed to drag myself off the couch and go out for a 45 minute walk (2.7 miles) - really good, brisk pace - just a loop around the flat, at 7pm. I stuck to the pavements alongside busy roads, as even at a relatively early time of the evening, I don't feel safe in quiet areas in the dark, such as going through parks or down quiet back streets I would normally take short-cuts along. Regardless, it was a good walk; cold fresh air, and a great pace. Plus I got the joy of coming back to a warm flat, with my Christmas tree lights on to welcome me home. :D Can't complain, really.....

No comments:

Post a Comment