So yes, 2012 crawled to a finish for me. I was emotionally drained, finding everything pretty tough and overwhelming for a couple of weeks, and I withdrew a bit - but thanks to a couple of good friends, and the necessity of pulling myself up to be ready for Christmas, I made it safely out the other side unscathed.
The blog, obviously, was neglected, as was the exercise. Ooops. Ah well, now it’s a new year, and I can get down to using the blog a bit more effectively, rather than just writing for the sake of writing. (Yes, what I say CAN have meaning, shut up.)
I got a tiny wee bit of exercise done over the past few weeks, but didn’t really pick things up again until after I returned to Edinburgh in the post-Christmas relaxed comfort that reminded me that if I want to lose weight, I have to do something to burn off the Christmas food. And oh my, there was so much lovely food!!! I didn’t bring anything tasty back with me from my parents house, which in many ways was the right decision, but equally one I regretted, haha.
End of year weigh-in showed I’ve only lost about 1kg across the whole of 2012, which is pretty disastrous, but in the grand scheme of things, what I gained in the past year cannot be understated. And the new PEOPLE that came into my life!!!!!!! Wow. Just wow. I don’t think 2012 would have been the year it was, without the supportive, inspirational people that entered my life, as well as some pretty inspiring ones that had been there all along. It’s truly been a year to celebrate, in terms of fitness, activity, and pushing at my boundaries and perceived limits.
There’s a lot to be proud of, in 2012, but rather than look back, instead I’ll look forward, to what 2013 will bring. I’m pretty determined that this will be the year I get my weight into that ‘normal’ BMI zone for the first time in my adult life, and that will require some huge work on my part – loads of focus, and some real work on addressing the reasons I overeat. I can say, fairly confidently, that exercise is now habit for me, but again, I can’t allow myself to take my eye off the ball, and slip back to the ‘old’ me.
Exercise-wise, I haven’t set ‘resolutions’ this year. I’ll be setting targets and challenges as things come up, and I definitely plan to fill my year with sociable exercise as much as possible, but other than that, I don’t want to put any pressure on myself. I think it’s going to be a pretty good year…….
No comments:
Post a Comment