I fail at structuring my exercise. I mean, I can write plans, goals and structured sessions 'til the cows come home, but actually sticking to them is another story. I wandered into the gym before work yesterday with a vague idea in my head to do "a bit of running" and then "see how I felt". This, dear reader, is not ideal...! :)
As it was, I ran 1½ miles on the treadmill, fairly slowly, and then ended up doing some seated pulley rows, some chest presses, and then some kettlebell swings and clean & press. Looking at it on paper, it's not enough. Looking more into it, I'm still doing two-handed rows on the pulley at 20kg, the same weight I was doing 1½ years ago... not good enough! The chest press, equally, was very light for what I ought to have been pressing. The only thing I'm happy with is the kettlebell weight, but reps were far too low! All in all, if I'm looking to progress and push myself (which I am), the session was disappointing.
On the other hand, it was better than nothing, and I had a pretty motivating chat in the changing rooms afterwards, with the only person I know (so far) who's completed an official Ironman, so I guess it's not all bad. ;)
Swimming class was excellent on Wednesday night, and I guess I have a bit of homework to try and work on this weekend. I also want to get a bit of running done, some climbing, and catch up with a friend and her kids. I guess I'd better go write a plan........
No comments:
Post a Comment