Sunday's exercise was a brisk 4 mile walk in the icy wind, in the city. It was a good pace, and the fresh air - albeit biting - was refreshing. I used the time to think about the coming year and the fitness goals I have, and to strengthen my resolve a wee bit... I'm very much a work in progress, but I intend to continue progressing.
This morning I headed to the gym before work, and worked on a new programme to try and address some strength and core work that should help me with my aims for 2013 - running, hill-walking, and climbing. One of my main weaknesses in the gym is resting too long between sets, so my intention is to really work on that. I have a wee stopwatch I used to use when I first started running, before I splashed out on the swanky Garmin GPS watch, so I think I'll start giving myself a timed rest period and push on.
I am also going to build up my upper body fitness for bouldering and things like that - starting with my dead-hang. I managed 27 seconds on Thursday, but not even 10 seconds today. I'll keep working on it!! *laughs* I'd love to be able to do a single pull-up by the end of the year, but it will take a lot of work! Bring it on! :)
Rest tonight, so I'm getting my paper training journal updated, and getting an early night. It's nice to feel so positive about fitness/running/etc at the moment - long may it last. (Definitely longer than 27 seconds.....)
No comments:
Post a Comment