Thursday, 28 May 2015

Weigh-in

This week - 4lbs lost. Yay!! That takes me to having lost 41.6lbs in 21 weeks, or pretty much 3 stone in 5 months (almost 19kgs, if you think in metric). It's also just over 20% of my start weight on 1st January 2015. Twenty percent!!! that's pretty difficult to fathom - one fifth of my body has disappeared over 5 months. Where does it go?!!


I am mostly having rest days this week - partly because of work being very busy, but also because I think I want my body to be pretty rested for Sunday. If I can get out of work at a reasonable time today, I might go for a swim and relaxing steam room or something, but if not, then I'm not too concerned. I'm getting a good amount of sleep this week, as a priority, and eating well, so it's all about looking after myself. The HOKA Highland Fling ultra-marathon community on facebook have heartily approved of me wearing a Fling race tshirt on Sunday (some runners can get very touchy about who should be entitled to wear a race tshirt) so that's one decision made that I don't need to think about any more. Now I turn my mind to travel arrangements, post race, as I'll be honest: it's chaos at the finish area, in terms of transport. I think I know what I'm doing, but once I've got it firmer planned, then I can relax. :-)

Back to work.....

2 comments:

  1. 4lbs!!! That's an awesome comeback from last weeks tiny blip. Another great example of how well you are on top of things.

    I can certainly recommend time in the pool and steam room, a great way to get a little exercise, relax and build up the heat and aerobic adaptations as well as general health:

    http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn21206-saunas-could-heal-your-mood-and-your-heart.html#.VWcbkryVt8I

    ReplyDelete