I have so far that I need to get, before I stand at the start line of that race this November, I can't bear the thought that I'll be standing there cursing myself for not training properly, for not losing weight, and for being a complete disappointment. That can't happen, so I headed across to Glasgow this afternoon, and had a 5km run (with walk bits) on the first 1.5-ish miles on the course and back - that's kinda hilly, and it was a little tough, but my plan is over the next few months I'll go over when I can and run more chunks of the course. This isn't just so I learn the course better, this is so I remind myself why I'm training. Of course, I won't get across to Glasgow more than once a week or two, so training will continue here in the meantime, and I'm looking forward to building on the good work I did earlier this month. I need to get in the gym more, my sleep patterns messed me around this past week but I can't make excuses. I got up this morning and did some kettlebell swings in the flat, and I think I'll try and do some every day, as well as gym work and running. This weekend was mentally restorative, I think, and while it's never good to spend too long thinking and overthinking and not just getting out there and doing it, it's been good this weekend to focus my mind on running, and on my weight and overall fitness levels, and start planning my route to that point right there in the picture at the end of this post later this year.
Doing things like this, I strongly believe, will help me take ownership of this, and give me pride in myself. If I give myself credit for every workout, every run, every time I ignore the chocolate vending machine at work, then that self-belief should hopefully start creeping in. I want to stand on the race start line knowing I couldn't have done any more in the 4 months beforehand, and feeling proud of myself. We'll call that Plan A. Note: there is no Plan B, so I'm just gonna have to suck it up, and be awesome. x

No comments:
Post a Comment