I feel bizarrely positive about the fitness aspect of my life at the moment, although I remain fully aware that my food intake could be much, much better, and is the only reason weight isn't dropping off me.
However, my body is starting to shape up a bit more, which is very motivating to see. :)
I really wish I could sort my eating out once and for all. I just have such a deeply held emotional tie to it all. This leads to me making all sorts of excuses to myself as I eat things that aren't great, or eat 'healthy' foods in too great a quantity. It's frustrating, because I fully understand all the benefits in eating better, in fuelling my body for the exercise I want from it, and all the drawbacks from eating too much, or eating sugary/fatty things. It has such an emotional link, though, that I find really hard to break.
Over the next couple of days I'll be away at a work conference thing, so I lose a lot of control over what food is available, and have to also try to restrain the urge to overeat as much as I can. I have a fitness test booked for Saturday morning, so that thought alone should hopefully keep me on the straight and narrow. I also intend to use the hotel gym when there's a spare hour between the seminars and the dinner reception.
Badminton evening class tonight, and I'm really looking forward to it. I've had a couple of classes so far, and have found it really challenging but really rewarding, and I'm pretty shattered by the end of it, so it's got to be doing me some good!!
Incidentally, my mental picture of what I want to look like when I get to my target weight is no longer one of those "wearing a posh frock" type images, but it's me dashing about a court in a pretty tennis dress. How funny is that??! :D Still some way to go, but it's actually turning out to be good fun getting there.... (Sometimes.)
The rest of November is looking like it's going to be a real mix of great fitness opportunities, with a few serious challenges along the way. I think I'll come back to this later, thus making the title of this post completely redundant. x
No comments:
Post a Comment