Last week was a really horrible week, full of police and insurance claims (my car got broken into) and landlords and plumbers (water came through my ceiling from the flat upstairs), and I kind of had to fight hard to stop the week defeating me, and drowning my sorrows in food/alcohol. But I DID work at it; on a day where I was without a car, I got a taxi to the gym (ouch expensiveness!) at 6am-ish, for an hour's workout, including some running on the treadmill and a PB on the rower 1km sprint. While I was there, I had a quick word with Craig, my personal trainer, telling him what was going on but explaining I was really impressed with myself for not eating junk food, and for making it to the gym. I kind of whined "This is a really horrible week." and he replied "This is a test. And you're passing." Awwwwww. :)
The following day I finally got the courtesy car from the garage, and immediately went off to the gym. I did a fairly easy session, but it included 2km on the rowing machine and I achieved my first ever sub-9 minute time, smashing my PB by 9 seconds. The next day, after a light breakfast, I headed off to the gym again. This time, I beat my 1km running PB, getting it done in 6:28. It feels awesome to have beaten some PBs, when I could easily have let the week beat me down.
On Sunday, clocks went back. Normally this means an extra hour in bed, but no. I thought, what can I do with my extra hour? ....how about seeing how far I can run in 60 minutes? No, SERIOUSLY, at 7am I was out running. I managed to get 7.62km done in the hour, woo! I don't enjoy running, I may have mentioned it before. But I really enjoyed being out in the fresh air, watching the early morning wildlife going about its business. Saw loads of squirrels and different birds. It was almost relaxing, had it not been for the fact I was trying to actually run, and breathe, without dying. ;)
So today, I had a PT session first thing today, and it was various types of work on unstable surfaces - my balance is absolutely rubbish, particularly when I am trying to balance on my left leg, so it was an hour full of swearing and arguments. He tells me all the time, and particularly so in this session, that he gets MORE annoyed and frustrated the fitter and more active I become, because when I moan and whinge and complain in a session, he KNOWS I have the ability to do the exercises, but just not the self-belief. (He needs to just stop being so damn right.)
He pointed out how irritating it was watching me stop mid-repetition to tug down at the bottom of my t-shirt. I hadn't even been aware quite how often I do that; pull at my t-shirt. It's entirely down to my very poor body image of course, trying to cover my hips and stomach when I feel my top rising up in the exercise. There's loads I need to work on, mentally, the more fitter I get. It's partly depressing, but also partly exciting because I seriously AM starting to believe there'll be a time in the future when I'll finally be a normal human being. And it's about bleedin' time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment