It's been quite a hectic week, full of gym trips (extra personal training sessions), walking, and healthy eating - not bad at all! :) There wasn't any badminton, unfortunately, but I'll get back to that this week, and I signed up for nightclasses again, so hopefully I'll start to improve in line with the people I play with, who all improve exponentially faster than I do...
PT sessions have been pretty positive this past week; I really think coming to sessions with a positive attitude helps, despite that sentence being the most obvious thing in the world. Saturday morning, for example, was a "hundreds" session, and first set was 100 leg presses at 60kg - I managed all 100 without stopping! Other sets, such as the 100 chest presses or 100 lunges, involved a few pauses, but still, the session was a successful one.
Yesterday (Sunday) was supposed to be a rest day, but I was restless in the late afternoon, after spending the whole day prowling the flat, so I headed off to the gym and did 4.4km on the treadmill. :D Pretty cool - I ran 1km without stopping, then after a couple of minutes' rest, I ran/walked a second km, then rested, then a 3rd, then rested, then a fourth. It all went rather well, and what's more, the muscle soreness from the lunges and leg presses on Saturday wasn't an issue, nor is it today.
This feels - I hesitate to say - like progress.
No hesitation about it - it is indeed progress. Celebrate that!
ReplyDeleteHi! Came over for a visit! I think the idea of Sarah = Blogger is perfect. You are such a talented writer btw :-)
ReplyDeleteWoohoo MOAR SARAH! :) Cannae wait to read xx
ReplyDelete