Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Fresh starts

I've got a lot of weightloss and fitness things going on at the moment, so it's time to recommit to getting it written down, and this will help keep me accountable and also give me a chance for focussing on what I'm achieving rather than what I still have to do. I haven't kept very good records, in terms of exercise, and therefore it can be really difficult to actually see evidence of improvement.

I'll get into this all in more detail, but some starting stats:

I'm Sarah. I'm 34, 5 ft 3, and currently 187lbs. In January 2010 I weighed 238.5 lbs, which was my heaviest weight yet, and I set myself a goal of losing 100lbs. There have been a few bumps along the way, as can be seen by the fact it's taken this long to get past the halfway mark, but I'm not looking back any more, and I'm focussing on the future. :D

Currently, my exercise regime consists of 3 or 4 gym sessions a week, 2 or 3 badminton sessions a week, and a bit of lazy flirting with trying to run. My 5km personal best (run/walking) is 39:15, set just yesterday, and my personal best at daily steps on my pedometer (I've been keeping track daily since March this year) is 20,374. I'm aiming for 10,000 steps a day - lately I've been way off the mark, averaging about 6-7,000, but having signed up to walk the Edinburgh Moonwalk marathon in June 2012, I'm going to be raising the miles in no time.

So, that's the basics. Here I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment