Saturday, 16 August 2014

Very brief update

I guess it's just really a placeholder update, but I wanted to let readers know I completed my challenge, ran 30 minutes without walking (then a week later managed a 41 minute run, second longest I've ever ran without walking) and generally felt pretty epic. Work has since got in the way, massively, and my motivation and general sense of wellbeing has ebbed away, but I'm sure I'll get something back on track soon - just need work to not be quite as manic, first.

Supporting Dave Meldrum in the Devil o' the Highlands ultra marathon was a real pleasure, and a really great day out - I'll blog about it soon. Tomorrow is the ultra he's race director of, the John Lucas Memorial 50 Mile race, across in Strathaven. Hopefully I'll get across there to see people, and cheer folk on. It's a strange weekend - very busy, but in a way that feels not very busy. I'm sure that should make more sense... Needless to say, I'm not feeling very run-motivated this weekend, but I know it's just work stuff in my head and I'll clear things up soon. Foodwise, I'm eating worse than ever. I know, I know... For "fun" (or just to poke myself into action, even if only to prove him wrong?) I've started reading "The Story of the Human Body" by Daniel Lieberman. I'm not very far though, I'm just hoping above all hopes it's not a paleo diet book disguised as academic research, but I'll be sure to let you know what I think when I'm done. Back in a week or two, I'll try not to leave it too long, though. x

2 comments:

  1. Well done on achieving your challenge, running 30 days on the trot isn't easy with everything than goes on in life - add you added the extra challenge of running without stopping a little further each day. That 41 minute continuous run tops this challenge off nicely - a whole 5km by any chance? There's a whole story hidden away there but only one paragraph to wrap up it, we want more!!

    Getting back running and in control of food is not easy if you got a hundred and one things going on, especially if they are stressful. Could it be that all this volunteering/helping others is compromising your own personal development?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to drop in and say congrats on the running challenge! what a great success!

    ReplyDelete