This is my January Update on the goals for 2012.
1. Complete the Moonwalk Marathon in June 2012
Since the mid-month update on this, I’ve done no further walking. Things will have to change in February, but I’m not worried yet.
2. Complete the Glasgow Women's 10km in May 2012
3. Run 5km in 30 minutes (start of 2012, PB was 37:52)
4. Run more than 750km over the year
In January, I did about 55km – so a reasonable start, but an analysis of that showed I was doing a lot of shorter runs, and I really need to start increasing the distance a bit. After the parkrun I talked about in the mid-month update, I did another 5km parkun and knocked another 30 secs off, so my PB is now 36:07. Pretty awesome stuff… I’m getting closer to that 30 minute run!!
5. Lose 38lbs, and maintain it (start of 2012, weight 179.5lbs)
In January, I pretty much just lose the weight I gained in December. I think about 6lbs in total. Not bad – I’m on a brief, temporary strict eating plan (though not being as strict with myself as I ought to be!!) to kickstart the weightloss, and it’s going well.
6. Get a promotion, or get a new job
7. Focus on my work
8. Move to a new flat, be it rented or bought
We’ll see… Nothing really to report in January.
9. Participate in 12 new sporting activities (for 'new' either never tried, or not done for many years) - while these 12 activities are not set in stone, I anticipate they'll include ice skating, attempting a climbing wall, bagging a munro, a spinning class, swimming, kayaking, and more...
I did the ice-skating (twice) in January, so that’s one off the list. I’m not sure if I’ll do it again, to be honest. Part of me feels “my” ideal activity is still out there, waiting for me to find it. Let’s see what February throws my way.
10. Blog more consistently about my fitness challenges
Obviously, not doing this better yet. I’ll kick things up a bit this month.
11. Do much less inner city driving (this is hard to quantify as I don't know how much I did in 2011. It just felt like a LOT)
January’s total mileage was just under 300m. And I haven’t BEEN anywhere!!! Obviously it racks up, driving across town to the gym, and to work… I need to quit the driving-to-work thing, and also drive less to the shops to buy food – there’s nothing wrong with my arms that they couldn’t handle a wee walk carrying the shopping!
12. Be completely ready for Christmas before December 15th
On hold for a little while, now, but not off the radar. I need to start my Christmas Savings in Feb – a mix of savings stamps, loyalty points, giftcard, and piggy bank, I think, to add a little to each month.
13. Spend time with awesome people who make me happy, instead of wallowing alone at home
I’ve spent time with different friends this past month, and it’s been lovely. Equally, I’ve enjoyed spending time alone. I’ve had a few wallowy days, yes, but not too bad. And I have some lovely social plans already lining up for February.
14. See films, go to gigs, read books, go to the theatre - stop THINKING about doing those things while watching crappy reality TV shows, and just do it
Haven’t done very much. I read (and really enjoyed) “Room” by Emma Donoghue, and other than the films I mentioned in the mid-month update, I think the only other thing I’ve seen is Salt on DVD. I was supposed to go see The Artist in the cinema at various times with various people, and each one of them fell through for… well… various reasons. Sometimes you can’t catch a break. I’ll see it eventually. Some great sounding films lining up in the cinema for February, actually – and I got some discount tickets through work, so it’s all good.
15. More important than any of the above, stop eating meals in front of the TV.
Nope. No change. I actually feel surprisingly disappointed that I haven’t even TRIED.
So, there we have it – January in brief. Roll on February, I’m quite looking forward to it. x
No comments:
Post a Comment